Skip to main content

Prompt: Think about the different people, cultures, experiences, communities, interests, and traditions that have shaped who you are. What parts of your identity have had the greatest influence on the person you are today? Have you ever felt pressure to change, hide, or emphasize a part of yourself in order to fit in?

Prompt response: my family and friends are the main part of what have made me who I am today. My family has taught me how to value and respect others and has taught me many of the important things I carry with me today. My friends have taught me about love trust and how important it is to have people who support me. My religion has had a big influence on me because it has taught me not to be afraid of what comes my way because I know God is always with me. Sometimes I have felt like I had changed the way I acted in pending on what friend group I was around with. But some groups I would act one way and with other groups out I completely different because I wanted to feel accepted and fit in. As I've got another I've realized that I shouldn't have to change who I am to fit in.

Summary: absent 

Reflection: absent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

 Prompt Response: Over the past week I've gotten more comfortable with the class and it seems like I'll enjoy. I've gotten used to the assignments of discussions and have a better idea of how much work we will have. I like the structure of the class because it gives me opportunities to participate and hear different perspectives. One of my strengths is understanding other people's perspectives and trying to see things from their point of one of my strengths is understanding other people's perspectives and trying to see things from their point of view. One Challenge I think I will have a speaking in front of people and expressing myself. For example when I was called on in class I had an idea for what I wanted to say but I got nervous and had trouble putting my thoughts into words. I feel like as we continue I think I'll become more comfortable speaking and expressing ideas but it's going to be something I'll have to work on. Summary: In class we read a p...