Skip to main content

Prompt: Take a clear picture of your “I, Too” poem and post it to your blog. To upload the picture, click the image icon within the blog post, and it will allow you to upload your photo. For your response, simply explain the inspiration behind your poem. For your reflection, discuss either your experience presenting the poem to the class or the process of composing your poem.

 

prompt response: The inspiration behind my poem came from my experiences as a Mexican American and how my culture has shaped who I am. I wanted to show how proud I am of my Mexican culture and the traditions that are important to me. My family, food, church, music, and other traditions have all influenced who I am today. I also wanted to express that I don’t have to prove how Mexican I am to anyone else. Overall, I wanted my poem to show that I am proud of where I come from and that my culture is an important part of my identity.

summary: We read out our poems to the class.

Reflection: Writing this poem made me think more deeply about my culture and how it has influenced the person I am today. It also reminded me that I should always be proud of where I come from and never feel like I have to change myself to fit someone else’s expectations.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: Analyze how you’ve adapted to the demands of this course over the past week, and evaluate one strength and one challenge you anticipate as we progress, justifying your insights with personal examples.

 Prompt Response: Over the past week I've gotten more comfortable with the class and it seems like I'll enjoy. I've gotten used to the assignments of discussions and have a better idea of how much work we will have. I like the structure of the class because it gives me opportunities to participate and hear different perspectives. One of my strengths is understanding other people's perspectives and trying to see things from their point of one of my strengths is understanding other people's perspectives and trying to see things from their point of view. One Challenge I think I will have a speaking in front of people and expressing myself. For example when I was called on in class I had an idea for what I wanted to say but I got nervous and had trouble putting my thoughts into words. I feel like as we continue I think I'll become more comfortable speaking and expressing ideas but it's going to be something I'll have to work on. Summary: In class we read a p...