Prompt: If someone tried to understand you using only your race, what important things would that person miss? Describe at least three other parts of your cultural identity that help make you who you are.
Prompt Response: if someone only knew my race they wouldn't know that I am also interested in photography which is one of the things that has shaped me into who I am. I enjoyed taking pictures of random things then capturing moments that I think are interesting. Another part of my identity is leadership because I'm involved in SGA at school and has helped me become more confident and responsible. I'm also involved in my community by volunteering at different places which has taught me the importance of helping other people. These are all important parts of who I am that someone wouldn't know just by knowing my race.
Summary: Today in class we watch different videos that explored people's viewpoints and experiences with their identity.
Reflection: I learned that everyone has different experiences that shape their identity. Also that there is more to a person than what you can see on the outside.
Comments
Post a Comment