Judith Ortiz Cofer says, “The Island travels with you.” What part of your culture, family, or identity do you feel “travels” with you everywhere you go?
Response: The part of my identity that travels with me everywhere I go is my Mexican culture. Even though I grew up in the United States, my culture is still a big part of who I am and how I see the world. I carry the traditions, values, and experiences I grew up with wherever I go. It reminds me where my family comes from and makes me proud of who I am. No matter where I am, being Mexican American will always be a part of me.
Summary: We worked on CommonLit and read “The Danger of a Single Story.”
Reflection: I learned that hearing only one story about a person or group can cause people to have an incomplete or unfair view of them. I also learned that it is important to hear different stories because people and cultures are more complex than one stereotype
Comments
Post a Comment